Moved

This blog has moved to offthespork.com. Thanks!

Thursday, January 8, 2009

Siblings who lunch: Japanese ITO Noodle Cafe

Japanese ITO Noodle Cafe


Bro had a day off recently, and came into the city to have lunch with me. We went to ITO Japanese Café on Bourke Street. When we entered I found that the restaurant was somewhat like the Tardis – it seemed much larger on the inside than the exterior suggested!

Japanese ITO Noodle Cafe


I choose an item that was on a specials sheet - the steak don set. The set came with miso soup, salad, a side dish and wafu steak on rice ($14.80). Good stuff.

Japanese ITO Noodle Cafe


The side dish was strange however – it tasted like it was soaked in tea or like pickled plums. I couldn't quite place it, but it was oddness. Fortunately everything else hit the spot.

Japanese ITO Noodle Cafe


It was a stinking hot day, so I also had a green tea smoothie ($4.80). It was cool and refreshing, with that slight green tea bitterness.

Japanese ITO Noodle Cafe


Bro had the Nabeyaki udon which came with prawn, chicken and a raw egg in a hot pot ($12.50). He was sold by the raw egg!

Japanese ITO Noodle Cafe


After he finished his meal, Bro then proceeded to demolish everything that was edible on the table – the remainder of my salad, rice, pickles, AND the orange slice on my drink. I do believe he was hungry!

Japanese ITO Noodle Cafe
122 Bourke Street,
Melbourne
Phone 9663 2788


Related Posts with Thumbnails