Moved

This blog has moved to offthespork.com. Thanks!

Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Café Plum: 4

We eat out a lot during the weekend. Often we'll go out for brunch on Saturdays and Sundays, and normally at least one evening meal is eaten out as well. I try not to let us eat out too much because it gets expensive. In addition, when faced with an unhealthy option versus a healthy option, unhealthy will win out 99% of the time (if I cook, it's easier for me to choose to make something healthy). But on the other hand, it's something that we enjoy, so I'm not too strict about it.

Speaking of things that we enjoy, we recently went to Café Plum. I was happy that we didn't have to settle for Café Bland again!

Cafe Plum


I had an omelette, filled with goats cheese, spinach and caramelised onion ($13). I haven't quite acquired the taste for goat's cheese yet but I'm close. You know how it has that "goaty" flavour that seems to work it's way into your nasal passages? I keep trying it and I have no doubt that I will love it eventually, just like I've learnt to love blue cheese and very dark, bitter chocolate. I found that the sweetness of the onions helped counteract some of that strong "goatiness" in the cheese, and I really enjoyed this omelette. I was also happy to see that it was a proper omelette – I'm not a fan of the open omelette as they tend to be dry and rubbery.

Cafe Plum


Alastair had the corn fritters, with smoked salmon, crème fraiche and avocado ($15.90). He said that it was good, but not as good as the ones I make (he has been trained well!). It was rather large and filling though, and he couldn't quite fit it all in.

Previous visits can be read here, here and here.

Cafe Plum
193 Flemington Rd, North Melbourne 3051
Ph: (03) 9329 8867


Related Posts with Thumbnails